Engineering Supervisor reporting to Production Manager Apply Now
Prime Objectives of the position:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Supervisor at Select Bag Sealers in Leeds. In return we offer a great salary with 25 days paid holiday & company pension scheme after probationary period.
Based at our facilities in Yeadon, the hours for this role are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday.
Please apply online today to be considered for the role of Engineering Supervisor at Select Bag Sealers Limited.
- Organise, supervise and undertake building of Bag Sealing machines to manufacturing plan agreed with the Production Manager/Coordinator
- Implement training material for the machine builds
- Monitor and record workshop statistics relating to machine builds completed at each stage and achievement of customer order and housekeeping performance.
- Work with workshop staff to simplify, streamline and standardise working procedures and thereby increase productivity, capacity & product quality.
- Work closely with Site Engineers to understand engineering issues found in bakeries.
- Support the development of H&S documentation and using the training packages communicate requirements.
- Manage quality of builds and record final testing of machines.
- Maintain and manage calibration of tools and equipment
- Ensure clear communication and guidelines between management team and the workshop staff is maintained.
Key Qualities, Skills and Attributes Required:
- Good knowledge of machinery manufacturing and production supervision
- Trained Mechanical Engineer at apprentice or degree level.
- Good communication skills, including negotiation and persuasion.
- Ability to manage, train and motivate production staff
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge of food packaging machinery
- Appreciation of PLC control systems and servo drives
- Understanding of Health and Safety policies
- Understanding of Quality Systems
- Experience in implementing Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma
Select Bag Sealers (SBS) is a small engineering business that manufactures and supports packaging machinery used in the food industry. The current owners acquired the business early in 2016 and have already made significant improvements to the working environment, efficiency and responsiveness of the organisation.
Part of a small privately owned group based near Leeds Bradford airport, the owners see the opportunity for considerable growth over the next few years both by offering excellent support to the UK customer base and by planned expansion into other geographical markets.
The Group employs around 35 people, sharing resources such as finance, HR and compliance. SBS has a small dedicated workforce focusing on machine assembly and customer support with on-site service and rapid spares availability. Since acquiring the business, the accounts and stock systems have been completely changed to streamline business processes. Whilst many further improvements are possible, the work so far has reaped huge benefits such as simplifying supply of spare parts, eliminating huge amounts of paperwork. The business is now far more responsive to its customers.
Working with a local engineering consultancy, we have converted the technical drawing base to 3D CAD (Solid Works) providing a strong foundation for product development.
The Engineering Supervisor will report to the Production Manager and will be responsible for:
- Providing mechanical engineering leadership in the workshop liaising with electrical team to manufacture of the Company’s machines efficiently and applying high standards of quality.
- Liaise with the company’s Compliance & Systems Manager to ensure that workshop operations conform to the Company’s policies regarding Health and Safety, quality, and environmental impacts.
- Communicate production coordinator (IAN) providing leadership so that all machine builds are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain and implement training materials, programmes and working procedures for the Company’s workshop staff.
- Managing the quality check of our incoming parts.
- Work with Production Manager & Production coordinator ensuring smooth running of business